I run regular yoga classes on:
Thursday - 7.30pm to 9.00pm.
Next 6 week class series starts on Thursday 16th May 2013. It will be an beginners / improvers class aimed at those who are either new to yoga or want a refresher.
- Thursday 16th May 2013, 7.30pm
- Thursday 23rd May 2013, 7.30pm
- Thursday 30th May 2013, 7.30pm
- Thursday 6th June 2013, 7.30pm
- Thursday 13th June 2013, 7.30pm
- Thursday 20th June 2013, 7.30pm
Location: Finsbury Park Avenue, N4. Click here for the map
The class is for beginner /improvers students and is suitable for those who want a gentle style of yoga. Gentle yoga should not be confused with easy yoga! The work will be on attention to alignment and inner focus with time taken to explore the movements in depth combined with some repetition of more strenuous routines. Classes will be small in number, around 4 people, so that I can give each student some personal attention.
Classes are £45 for a 6 week class. Click here to apply
This six week class introduces the ancient art, philosophy and science of yoga and encourages you to learn new ways of being and repattern old habits.
The we move is mostly unthinking and habitual. These classes re-examines these habits in a friendly and safe setting. Often it is the way we understand and initiate movement that is problematic, leading to stiff muscles, high degree of tension and other issues such as anxiety, sleep loss and joint problems. By working on whole movement patterns I'll give you a chance to open up to more freedom and ease in your life. Classes will be small in number, around 4-6 people, so that I can give each student some personal attention.
Some of the topics to be covered:
- The breath of life: how breathing supports us and our movement.
- The spine, the interplay and relationship to the legs and arms. The relationship between the ground and our spine in standing via our lower back, hips, knees and ankles.
- Yoga philosophy and why it matters when all you want to do is be a bit more relaxed.
- The yoga asanas (postures) and how they can help you walk easier, sit comfortably and relax when you sleep.
You will need to wear loose comfortable clothing. It's good to be clean and fresh but go a little easy on the aftershave, perfume, deodorant etc. What is an acceptable level of perfume in normal social circles can be a little overpowering in a small yoga space. Changing facilities are limited so it is best to come already dressed in work out attire. Be prepared to do the practice on bare feet. Mats are provided but feel free to bring your own.
If you have a significant injury (something that you've either having treatment for and is giving more than the occasional twinge) and want to do yoga, please contact me before the class. I may be able to offer you modifications which will suit your condition if I know what to expect in advance.
Travel: It is about 10 minutes walk from Manor House tube station (Piccadilly Line). It is about 5 minutes from the 29/341/141 bus stop on Hermitage Road/Green Lanes intersection.
Please contact me on 07815 797 645 for further details.